New Year | New You | New Opportunities
A New 2019 Beginning with VITAS Healthcare!
Join our Dynamic Team as the Volunteer / Bereavement Coordinator
- Full Time position
- Position will be based in the Sacramento, CA Program.
The Volunteer/Bereavement Services Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Volunteer and Bereavement Department.
- Represents the volunteer program in team meeting while encouraging use of volunteers.
- Serves as a Liaison to facilitate communication between the volunteers and staff.
- Provides individual volunteer support as needed.
- Assists with determining recruitment needs
- Supports the volunteer program through participation in volunteer trainings and functions.
- Assures that bereavement files are current and accurate, and that bereavement forms including assessments, risk assessments, and plans of care are completed.
- Maintains the tracking process of families through the bereavement system
- Prepares and provides the timely mailings of appropriate bereavement materials and correspondence to families.
- Receives incoming bereavement calls and serves as a liaison between the patient/family unit and internal and community resources.
- May provide assistance with the organization of special events and programs including Memorial Services.
- May assist with providing referral sources with progress reports on survivors.
- Fulfills other responsibilities and/or undertakes any other special projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Competitive compensation
- Seguro de salud, dental, de visión, de vida y por discapacidad
- Cuentas de gastos flexibles antes de impuestos para asistencia médica y atención de personas a cargo
- Seguro de vida
- Plan 401(k) con numerosas opciones de inversión y generosas contribuciones por parte de la compañía
- Beneficio por cáncer y/o enfermedad crítica
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- At least one year working in a fast-paced office environment required
- Great organizational record keeping skills with attention to detail
- Excellent time management, verbal and communication skills with the ability to resolve problems
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills within all levels of the organization
- Ability to navigate within automated systems and proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required. Bachelor's degree or combination of experience and education preferred
Special Instructions to Candidates: