Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation's leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Team Manager is the leader of the Patient Care whose function is to supervise, evaluate and coordinate the various component members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Assures continuity of care for patients/families from admission to discharge or transfer to bereavement.
- Serves as a patient advocate and coordinator for other social services and health-care providers in the community who are involved in the care of the team’s patients.
- Assumes responsibility for the maintenance of patient records from intake through discharge or transfer to bereavement.
- Acts as a resource and mentor for staff for clinical issues, documentation, team problem solving and appropriate customer service behavior.
- Oversees staff and volunteer schedules, scheduling and territory assignments to assure that workload is distributed equitably and that all the staff are able to meet overall productivity expectations.
- Competitive compensation
- Seguro de salud, dental, de visión, de vida y por discapacidad
- Cuentas de gastos flexibles antes de impuestos para asistencia médica y atención de personas a cargo
- Seguro de vida
- Plan 401(k) con numerosas opciones de inversión y generosas contribuciones por parte de la compañía
- Beneficio por cáncer y/o enfermedad crítica
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program
Two (2) years successful supervisory experience or equivalent in a health care organization.
Knowledge of the principles and practices of primary medical and nursing care, with at least a working knowledge of oncologic nursing and palliative care.
Basic understanding of the interpersonal dynamics operative within the working relationships of an interdisciplinary health care team, and knowledge of the process of dying and bereavement.
Reliable transportation with appropriate license and insurance coverage for driver and passengers.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Current and valid R.N. License to practice in the state where the VITAS program is located.
Special Instructions to Candidates: