Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation's leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Technical Writer is responsible for developing, writing, editing, and maintaining all application documentation. This documentation includes user manuals, reference manuals, training materials, bulletins, emails, announcements, quick start guides, conceptual overviews, technical documentation, and any other informational documentation the user will receive.
- Develops and writes a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses.
- Responsible for coordinating and communicating ideas visually using display of graphics, screenshots, diagrams, etc. and the production of the document
- Maintains familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Develops and writes comprehensive user documentation (hardcopy and on-line help) that allows users to fully exploit its capabilities
- Maintain documentation changes as required and source control, supporting workflow and quality control activities associated with data analyses procedures, as the point person for documenting process changes.
- Help improve processes for how content is created, delivered, and maintained, continually working to improve the quality of published content.
- Verify user complaints about documentation and make corrections
- Use and develop guidelines and templates to write and maintain user documentation
- Create and maintain a library of user documentation for internal customers.
- Competitive compensation
- Seguro de salud, dental, de visión, de vida y por discapacidad
- Cuentas de gastos flexibles antes de impuestos para asistencia médica y atención de personas a cargo
- Seguro de vida
- Plan 401(k) con numerosas opciones de inversión y generosas contribuciones por parte de la compañía
- Beneficio por cáncer y/o enfermedad crítica
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Minimum three years prior related experience required
- Experience documenting SQL, Cognos, Excel (Power BI and Power Query)
- Three plus years of experience writing guidelines and templates
- Experience with on-line documentation tools is desirable
- Must be a self starter and able to work independently with little supervision
- Strong sense of responsibility, ownership, and follow-through
- Must understand technical jargon and ability to learn and test products
- Must have excellent time management skills, and detail oriented
- Excellent technical research and organizational skills
- Must have a strong command for producing visually user friendly and effective documentation
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to develop expertise in the products and services that you document by using them as a customer would
- Strong interpersonal skills within all levels of the organization
- Ability to navigate within automated systems and proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, English, journalism, technical communications, or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred
Special Instructions to Candidates: