Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation's leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Admissions RN is a registered nurse and an Interdisciplinary Team member whose primary responsibility is to present VITAS services and philosophy to patients and families in a manner that results in the admission of appropriate patients.
- Participation in the information gathering, analysis, education and form completion aspects of the admissions process
- Evaluate patients for hospice appropriateness, e.g. medical records review as requested.
- Obtain agreement for admission of referred patients and families who meet admission criteria.
- Analyze data collected by the LPN to facilitate/obtain admission orders
- Build effective referral source relationships to support the high quality and responsiveness expectations associated with VITAS.
- Maintain clinical and professional competence.
- Take the initiative in developing effective relationships internally with the appropriate admissions and patient care resource persons.
- Utilize interpersonal skills to help appropriately educate and address any questions the patient and/or patient’s family has concerning hospice and palliative care.
- Knowledge of the principles of the intake, admission, and transition to care process with the ability to further develop skills in these competency areas.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and families, physicians, referral sources and colleagues.
- Knowledge of clinical manifestations of diseases and ability to develop VITAS specific clinical knowledge.
- Ability to use the VITAS information system and mobile technology platforms.
- Reliable means of transportation.
- Shift - Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Competitive compensation
- Seguro de salud, dental, de visión, de vida y por discapacidad
- Cuentas de gastos flexibles antes de impuestos para asistencia médica y atención de personas a cargo
- Seguro de vida
- Plan 401(k) con numerosas opciones de inversión y generosas contribuciones por parte de la compañía
- Beneficio por cáncer y/o enfermedad crítica
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Currently licensed as a R.N. in the state where duties are performed.
- Previous hospital, physician practice, LTC or ALF experience
- Strong Communication and presentation skills
- Previous sales and customer service experience - required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Special Instructions to Candidates: