27 maneras de sanar al lidiar con una pérdida
Part of the Grief Process
When someone we love dies, feelings of hurt, loneliness and sadness are normal. They are part of the grief process. The following suggestions may help with your feelings of sadness and may assist in your healing.
- Think of something you want that is available; then make a plan to get it.
- Think of people who bring you happiness; call one of them.
- Take walks.
- Listen to your favorite music; sing.
- Do something creative; get involved in a craft or art project, play music.
- Take a shower or a long, hot bath.
- Make a list of your strengths. Spend at least an hour concentrating fully on appreciating yourself.
- Spend time with a pet.
- Think of something you would enjoy doing for someone else. Then do it!
- Forgive someone.
- Read a good book.
- Plan a trip or an event you think you would enjoy.
- Think about enjoyable ways of relaxing; choose one and do it!
- Make an appointment for a massage.
- Begin something you have been putting off for a long time.
- Write down the funniest jokes you can remember.
- Stop doing and just be for awhile.
- Make a list of things you are grateful for.
- Give something away.
- Make a list of things you feel guilty about. Consider where you can make amends.
- Plan a surprise for someone.
- Do breathing exercises for energy and calmness.
- Make your favorite meal.
- Relive, with vivid imagination, an experience in your life that made you feel extremely loved.
- Become, in your imagination, the person who has approved of you the most. See yourself through their eyes, feel for yourself the feelings they have had for you.
- Lie down and relax. Close your eyes.
Sometimes sadness becomes depresión and you may need professional help in order to heal. If symptoms of depression seem severe or continue longer than normal, call your doctor, minister, rabbi or religious leader, or a local therapist or counselor who specializes in grief.