Los síntomas físicos y mentales normales del duelo
Following the death of a loved one, people experience physical symptoms along with the mental and emotional heartache. These changes can last days, months or years. Here are some of the more common symptoms, which are considered normal:
- Dizziness and shortness of breath; tightening in the throat or chest.
- A weakened immune system, making illness and infection more likely.
- Sleeping too much or too little.
- Eating too much or too little
- Extreme restlessness, moving from one activity to another, or the opposite- sitting and doing nothing for long periods.
- Confusion, irritability, anxiety, and the inability to concentrate.
- Changes in metabolism leading to depression and even paranoia.
- Difficulty remembering or having gaps in memory
- “Searching behavior”—looking for their loved one in an almost subconscious way, even though they know their loved one has died.
- Auditory and/or visual hallucinations of their deceased loved ones.
- Odd and frightening dreams, often involving their deceased loved one.